How’s everyone enjoying Australian Survivor and JLap’s sinewy forearms thus far?
From now we get three episodes a week – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday – that’s three tribal councils in three days! That’s a killer pace.
There’s a peek at tomorrow night’s ep on TenPlay
How many lingering shots of Lee’s abs will we get during the challenge? And how many confessionals from the I’m-So-Not-A-Drama-Teacher guys explaining how he’s fooling people with his acting.
Survivor Know-It-Alls Rob Cesternino (Survivor Amazon and All Stars – and the king of US reality TV podcasting) and Stephen Fishbach (Tocantins and Second Chances) are doing an Australian Survivor podcast and it’s fascinating to hear what these students of the game think. If you don’t have a podcasting program on your phone or iPad you can just listen to it straight off Rob’s website here.
If you are a fan of US Survivor you should be listening to their usual podcast – they have heaps of special former Survivors as guests, who provide insight into strategy and behind-the-scenes goings on.
I just watched Sunday’s episode so some quick thoughts.
1. Rohan dropped the clue!! What the hell? Smart of drama teacher dude to go searching for evidence but sadly he comes across so shady to others it’s not going to help him. It’s a pity drama teacher has been stuck on the Beauty Tribe.
2. Who the heck is Tegan? Poor Nick getting stuck with her for the honesty or deceit test. Has she never seen the show?
3. That honesty or deceit test always causes trouble no matter what they choose. Traditionally people choose deceit, but those who are honest always have the finger pointed at them anyway.
4. Hidden immunity idols are often a whole lot of trouble anyway. I’d choose deceit and then show everyone the real clue. And they’d probably still think I was lying about something!
5. Why did the tribe who voted out Bianca last week let Sickly Pete and Firey Kylie go off on their own – the only two people who have reason to be angry about the outcome of tribal.
6. JLap needs a challenge catchphrase that’s not “come on in, guys”.
7. A few people sustained injuries from toppling blocks in the last season of US Survivor (Beauty, Brains, Brawn II). Interesting no-one tried the strategy of stacking the last three blocks together and THEN putting them atop the tower first up, although at least blue twigged to it at the end, seco
8. Boy, red sucked at the boat part of that challenge.
9. Good job, yellow Nick. Who’d have thought the tribe that built a shelter that immediately collapsed under their weight would do so well in challenges.
10. G’day Chester the chicken. Sadly, you’ll never be as famous as Mark the Chicken.
11. I hope there is a gross food challenge in the future involving sea cucumber because blues will be hurling.
12. What is in Evan’s hair?
13. Did you see the panic stricken look on Kat’s face when Cricketer Lee told her she could do the puzzle section of the challenge.
14. At least Barry with the Dreads got to speak.
15. Do they deliberately ask Lee to oil up before shooting his confessionals? I presume those abs are glistening with sunscreen.
16. I’m glad for Evan’s sake that Lee actually voted for Kat.